Tips for Using Linkedin For Self-Marketing
The Rise of Video on Social MediaFacebook paired the proliferation of video on the news feed with an irritating interface that attempts to trap the viewer in cascading clips that distill complex political issues or the production of tasty treats into bite size slam dunk content. The way video leaps at users on Facebook has led to complaints, and an increasing shift of younger, more savvy Internet users towards other networks. As the younger set moves on, and the older set moves in, Facebook is tweaking its video content payout structure, but hasn’t made fundamental changes to the way video appears on its platform. Video content is lucrative, and older people generally have more money than the people leaving Facebook because it’s no longer relevant to their lives. Which brings us to LinkedIn. In August 2016, LinkedIn began letting rich celebrities record and post video on the network. Now anyone can. TechCrunch took a look at the rollout of LinkedIn video and found that immediately videos were shared 20 times more than other types of content. Obviously, the content you put out is just as essential as the medium you share it through. To take a look at steps marketers take to go viral, check out this feature.
FEATURED ONLINE PROGRAMS
University of Denver – University College Denver, CO & Online>Master’s in Marketing CommunicationsThe Marketing Communication master’s concentration prompts you to analyze consumer behavior, conduct market research, and engage the power of brands and messages in order to develop powerful digital marketing strategies. Evaluate various tactics, measure their effectiveness, and explore the intricacies of working with or in complex, multi-functional teams to execute compelling marketing campaigns. Highlights:
- Top 100 university
- 100% online
- No GRE
SPONSOREDLinkedIn is geared towards building careers, networking, and marketing yourself, products or services. In terms of analytics, measurement and support, it’s a great marriage between the network and marketers that increasingly rely on video content to reach audiences. One of the features that separates LinkedIn from other networks is it’s possible to see who’s viewing your page and content. That access has been included into video views on the platform. Take a look here at some of the top social media marketers in the game.
Stats About Video on Social Media Networks
- In 2017 74% of social media marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing, ahead of blogs (68%)
- Video content represents 74% of all Internet traffic
- Four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product or service than read about it
- Writing the word “video” in an email subject line ups open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%.
- Facebook users spend three times the time watching live videos than they do with traditional videos.
- In 2016, 51% of all video plays were on mobile devices, which was a 15% increase from 2015 and a 203% increase from 2014.
- 85% of adults get content through multiple devices at the same time.
- 85% of videos on Facebook are watched with the volume muted.
- Facebook users watch 8 billion videos per day.
- Videos that are less than five minutes long make up 55% of total video consumption time on smartphones.