The 10 Most Affordable Online Bachelors Degrees in Marketing
As the digital age continues to force businesses across the globe to evolve, professional marketing is seeing major changes to once standard principles and practices. For marketers stuck in the past, these changes represent an existential threat —— as they do to anyone operating on outdated paradigms. But for the marketers who have adjusted to the digital revolution, the new normal is starting to pay off. Hiring is up in many sectors: advertising, promotions, and marketing management jobs are expected to increase 10% through 2024; market research analyst jobs —— comparably more entry-level —— are expected to increase 20%, which means 500,000 new jobs. Of course, all of these roles require at least a bachelor’s —— either in marketing, or in business with a marketing focus —— to ensure employers that they’re hiring people with the most up-to-date, cutting-edge marketing skills and strategies. Below, we’ve compiled the 10 best bachelor’s with a special focus on affordability, so you don’t break the bank while you earn your degree. Keep reading to find the degree that best fits your needs! Methodology
- Out of State Tuition Per Credit Hour Adjusted for Percentage of the Nation Eligible for In-State Tuition
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid
1) Sullivan UniversitySullivan University, founded in 1962, is a private institution with a total enrollment of 3,165 (2,625 undergraduate). Sullivan promotes a career-focused curricular platform at every level —— associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral —— and is dedicated to rigorous academics, enhancing the intellectual, social, and professional development of its students. With a 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio, the university fosters a tight-knit learning community, and classes combine collaborative education and one-on-one, personalized instruction. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges. Sullivan’s online BSBA in Marketing includes the following 16-credit hour module: Marketing Research, Sales Management, Building A Brand, and Senior Seminar in Marketing Topics. The program is designed for maximum flexibility, including a generous transfer policy for students with previous course work, and may be completed in as little as 18 months. Grounded in both business theory and real-world practice, the degree emphasizes a close relationship between students and instructors, each of whom brings years of business experience. Sullivan also offers among the most affordable BSBA tuition rates per credit, without sacrificing quality; and for those interested in financial aid opportunities, approximately 99% of full-time Sullivan undergrads receive some form of tuition assistance.
- Tuition Per Credit: $320
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 92%
FEATURED ONLINE PROGRAMS
University of Denver – University College Denver, CO & Online>Master’s in Marketing CommunicationCreate integrated marketing campaigns that are driven by strategic objectives, reach clearly defined audiences, and deliver desired results. You’ll discover the power of brands and determine how to craft, deploy, and measure campaigns from start to finish. Receive hands-on experience as you evaluate traditional and digital marketing communication tactics and dig deep into marketing trends: social, mobile, email, search, and more. Highlights:
- Top 100 university
- 100% online
- No GRE
2) Columbia Southern UniversityColumbia Southern University, founded in 1993, specializes in online education, with over 21,400 students enrolled in associate, bachelor, master, doctorate, certificate, and post-baccalaureate programs. As a subsidiary of the Columbia Southern Education Group, all CSU courses are designed for maximum scheduling flexibility to accommodate a diverse student population, including full- and part-time students, adult learners, and working professionals. Despite its size, CSU strives to balance its large and vibrant setting with collaborative learning and personalized instruction. For those interested in financial aid options, approximately 95% of CSU full-time undergraduates receive some form of assistance. Columbia Southern’s BSBA features a traditional business core, plus an 12-credit marketing concentration block, with classes like Employment Law, Marketing Research, Advertising, Direct Marketing, Strategic Marketing, or Consumer Behavior (students choose 4 from a pool of options). In particular, the marketing concentration prepares students to develop the knowledge base, analytical skillset, and creativity to purse a career in professional marketing: projecting consumer needs, translating needs into products and services, and selling products for a profit in a dynamic global economy. Ideal for part-time enrollment, the average degree completion time is 5 years, and the program is built for self-paced opportunities. Students interested in related programs may consider CSU’s certificate in Marketing or the MBA in Marketing.
- Tuition Per Credit: $210
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 95%
3) University of PhoenixEstablished in 1976, The University of Phoenix is a proprietary institution with a total enrollment of about 150,000, spread across 90 campuses and online, making it one of the largest education centers in the world. In particular, Phoenix specializes in adult learning; the average student is in their 30s. (Part-time enrollment is a popular.) All programs are designed for maximum flexibility to accommodate students’ schedules on a case-by-case basis, and, in addition to 100% online delivery, flex, blended, and hybrid tracks are available. The university’s open enrollment structure guarantees admission for any student holding a high school diploma or GED, and all students receive some form of financial aid. It is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. Phoenix offers an online BSBA with a Digital Marketing Certificate, including the following core courses (18 credits): Consumer Behavior, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising and Creative Strategy, Web Analytics, Internet Marketing Strategy, and more. Business core requirements include studies in Accounting, Business Communications, Micro/Macroeconomics, Finance, Statistics For Decision Making, and Ethical And Legal Topics In Business. All students must also complete a final integrate capstone to demonstrate mastery of material. With a focus on academic rigor, skill development, and creativity, Phoenix’s career-oriented program bridges the gap between theory and practice with experienced faculty and hands-on work opportunities. A personal enrollment representative helps students plan their degree, and Phoenix’s generous transfer policy may accelerate course work for students with previous academic credits or prior learning experience.
- Tuition Per Credit: $410
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 100%
4) McKendree UniversityFounded in 1828, McKendree University has a total enrollment of 3,000. US News ranks McKendree in the top 75 colleges and universities in the region, and as a top 35 school for overall value. 99% of full-time undergraduates receive some form of financial aid. A broad-based, liberal arts-oriented curriculum serves to develop a wide range of knowledge and skills, while maintaining a firm focus on career and professional development through immersive opportunities, experiential learning, and hands-on course work. With a 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio, classes balance collaborative peer-work with one-on-one instruction, and more than 75% of classes have fewer than 20 students. None have more than 49. McKendree’s BBA in Marketing requires 30 hours of major courses, including Marketing Research, Advertising & Promotion, Principles of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, and Business Strategy & Policy, among others. All courses are delivered in accelerated 8-week blocks designed for maximum flexibility through the Blackboard learning platform, which features group discussion boards, live chat rooms, streamlined communication, tech support, video conferencing, and more. Thanks to the university’s generous transfer policy, students with prior learning experience may transfer up to 90 credits into the program. Additional services include a student success center, academic advising, career services, and library access and assistance.
- Tuition Per Credit: $370
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 99%
5) Baker CollegeFounded in 1911, Baker College has thirteen campuses throughout Michigan – including Auburn Hills, Flint, Allen Park, Cadillac, and Port Huron – and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania. Offering degrees ranging from associate’s to doctorate’s, all Baker programs are designed for maximum flexibility to accommodate working professionals and adult learners, which includes 24/7 access to course material, so you can work when and where you want. Further, for students who want the benefits of both on-campus and online classes, Baker offers offers hybrid delivery options. All online students must complete three weeks of orientation.) Finally, Baker’s 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio promotes intimate, personalized instruction in a vibrant, collaborative setting. It is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant. Baker’s online BBA in Marketing that totals 36 major credits: Digital Media Software, Social Media Marketing, Work Experience, Consumer Behavior, Market Analytics, Marketing Research, International Marketing, Marketing Strategy and Design, and Sales Strategy. Students also complete a practicum requirement to gain valuable hands-on work and develop skills in a professional setting. Through the Blackboard learning platform, students have access to a variety of dynamic tools: from group discussion boards, to live chat rooms, to video conferencing and 24/7 tech support. Another unique feature of the program is the optional MBA add-on: for just two additional semesters, students can apply to Baker’s accelerated MBA track, boosting their academic credentials and solidifying business fundamentals. The BBA is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
- Tuition Per Credit: $250
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 92%
6) Regent UniversityRegent University is a private Christian university in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Founded in 1978, the school has a total enrollment of 7,400 and ranks among the best schools ranked by high school counselors, according to US News; it’s online undergraduate program has been ranked in the top 15. Best of all is Regent’s affordability: on average, annual tuition is $15,000 less than at other private schools, and most full-time undergraduates receive some form of financial aid. The 19:1 student-to-faculty ratio promotes a combination of vibrant, collaborative learning and tailored instruction, with intimate classrooms and one-on-one teaching. Over 60% of classes have fewer than 20 students and none have more than 49. Regent offers an online BS in Business with a concentration in Marketing, featuring a range of diverse classes: Financial Management, Business Statistics, Business Law, Macro/Microeconomics, Sales Management, E-Commerce, Public Relations, Marketing Research, and others. Courses deliver in accelerated 8-week blocks, and built-in flexibility allows for self-paced work. As a broad-based curriculum, graduates of the program can pursue a number of marketing-related fields, from marketing management to PR, communications, and product management. Many attend grad school, as well. Student services include academic advising, registration and enrollment assistance, IT support, library access, career services, a generous transfer policy, and more. As a Christian university, the degree may integrate religious emphases throughout the curriculum.
- Tuition Per Credit: $395
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 99%
7) Fisher CollegeFisher College, founded in 1903, has a total enrollment of about 2,000. Ranked 31st in the region by US News, Fisher makes a point to integrate a liberal arts-based education with career-oriented, pre-professional course work to help students develop a well-rounded background with which to pursue their careers and personal lives. The university’s 18:1 student-to-faculty ratio represents a tight-knit intellectual community that balances peer-to-peer course work with tailored, intimate instruction. More than 70% of classes have less than 20 students and none have over 49. For those interested in financial aid, most full-time undergrads receive some form of tuition assistance. Fisher offers an online BS in Marketing that consists of 33 major requirements, including classes like Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research Analysis, Brand Strategy, Social Media and Digital Strategies, Integrated Marketing Communications, E-Marketing, Marketing Management, and Sports Marketing, Media, and Public Relations, among others. From there, students complete a senior project and two rounds of marketing internships to gain hands-on experience in real-world settings. Faculty combine academic credentials with business know-how to create a curriculum that’s equally grounded in theory and practice. Upon graduation, students will be prepared to: analyze data using quantitative and qualitative methods; demonstrate effective communication strategies in managerial roles; assess the effects of consumer psychology theory and practice on consumption and marketing; understand brand value and management; and complete a variety of essential professional skills. For those interested, Fisher also offers minors in Marketing and Social Media.
- Tuition Per Credit: $359
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 98%
8) University of West AlabamaUniversity of West Alabama ranks as a Tier 2 national university with an enrollment of 4,000. Founded in 1835 as Livingston Female Academy, UWA offers more than 60 undergraduate and 10 graduate programs across a wide range of disciplines. While UWA maintains a strong on-campus presence, in recent years it has significantly expanded its online and distance education efforts to meet the rising demand for flexible and affordable learning from non-traditional students, including working professionals, adult learners, and others. The 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio is a point of pride, demonstrating UWA’s commitment to individualized, one-on-one instruction that prioritizes student-centered learning. Over half of classes have fewer than 20 students and just 2% have 50. The majority of full-time undergraduates receive some form of financial aid. UWA’s Bachelor of Business Administration includes a Marketing track that requires 30 major credits, including Consumer Behavior, Advertising and Promotion, Marketing Management, Market Research, and Marketing Strategy. From there, students can customize the track through a variety of elective options like Services Marketing, e-Marketing and Social Media, and Entrepreneurship. To gain valuable hands-on experience, students are encouraged to complete an internship but aren’t required. All courses are designed to accommodate individual schedules on a case-by-case basis, and accelerated 8-week blocks deliver 6 times per year to fit your needs. Students who transfer into the program may be able to complete the major requirements in as little as 1 year; most students complete the degree in 18 months.
- Tuition Per Credit: $325
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 93%
9) Saint Leo UniversityFounded in 1889, Saint Leo University is a private Benedictine school with a total enrollment of about 6,200 students, split between undergraduates and graduates. Ranked among the top 65 schools in the region by US News, Saint Leo also places 26th for overall value. The university’s Center for Online Learning has significantly expanded to meet rising demand for flexible distance education, and 96% of graduates say they would recommend the Saint Leo to friends. With a 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio, classes maintain an intimate, tight-knit atmosphere that supports individualized instruction and collaborative learning. All Saint Leo undergrads receive some form of financial aid. Saint Leo’s BA in Business includes a Marketing specialization that features 24 major credits: Essential Business Skills, International Business, Personal Selling, Integrated Marketing Communication, Marketing Research, Social Media Marketing, Consumer Behavior, and Marketing Policies and Strategies. From there, students take a general business curriculum —— including accounting, management, macro/microeconomics, etc. —— plus a range of liberal arts, humanities, and religious-focused course work to develop a broad-based educational background. All courses are 100% online, allowing for self-paced work, and include dynamic tools like group discussion boards to facilitate peer-to-peer education. Student services include academic advising, tech support, and career services. The program is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- Tuition Per Credit: $470
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 100%
10) Northwood UniversityNorthwood University is a private institution founded in 1959, with a total enrollment of about 1,900. With an emphasis on experiential learning and innovation, Northwood’s mission is toward the development of future leaders in a globalized, free-enterprise society. As such, all curricula are broad-based, balancing academic theory with real-world practice in areas like business and management. The 21:1 student-to-faculty encourages the best of both liberal arts schools and larger public universities: a vibrant, tight-knit educational environment and personalized instruction. A third of classes have fewer than 20 students and none have more than 49. For students interested in financial aid opportunities, 98% of Northwood undergraduates receive some form of tuition assistance. Northwood’s marketing program features 45 major credits: Principles of Selling, Principles of Marketing, E-Commerce, Consumer Behavior, International Marketing, Lean Distribution, Logistics, Sales Management, and Retail Management, among others. To give the degree a practical, grounded approach, students may also have the opportunity to complete internships or practicum work. Alumni can be found in leadership positions at some of the most prominent business in the world: Facebook, 20th Century Fox, 360 Degrees, JD Power and Associates, and Comcast Cable. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). For ambitious students, Northwood also offers a unique, accelerated BBA-MBA that can be completed in as little as 4 years (3 years undergraduate, 1 year graduate).
- Tuition Per Credit: $420
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 98%